Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Journal 7 PLN


Networking with colleagues is really important and essential to enhance your own career. As a future teacher it can be really beneficial to be part of a PNL because you can share new ideas and discuss current issues in education.  PLN stands for Professional Learning Network, which is a network where people interact and derive knowledge from a professional learning community.  I had the opportunity to use various tools to create my own PLN such as Diigo, Twitter, and Classroom 2.0.  I feel that being part of a PLN will benefit me as a teacher because I will be able to communicate and learn about different issues in education with people from all over the world. 

Within my tweeter experience I was able to learn how to use social media as a resource for my career.  I am currently following many educators from different places and learn form their tweets and have learned to tweet my own ideas.    I have tweeted my ideas on topics I have participated in on the chat for new teachers (ntchat) and also tweeted ideas that I agreed on or felt were helpful advice. 


Networking is really important especially in education, as future educators we need to be informed and create to ensure we are providing our students with the best resources.  By using Diigo, a website of social bookmarking that allows users to tag and bookmark web pages, bookmarking refers to a method for internet users to organize, store, and search for resources online.  I follow users that are in the same career path as I am and share the same interest as I do.  Some of the things I tagged were related to education, technology, and education 422. 

I recently joined classroom 2.0, which is a free community support network that helps you share ideas with people who share the same interests as you about your personal educational pathway.  The video I saw was called, “You can do anything” it was a short video about a little girl who is trying to inspire people to do anything you want just because you can.  She states in her video that people should believe on themselves and in each other.  She says that when everyone is connected, that means we all believe in each other.  I believe this is really powerful because as future teachers we should never forget that we can do what ever we want to, and to believe on ourselves as teachers.  Also I think it means that we should also believe on our students we start teaching and encourage them to accomplish whatever they want because they can.  

No comments:

Post a Comment